Wednesday, March 7, 2012

A tribute to my favorite artist-Whitney Houston


Aug 9, 1963-Feb 11, 2012
Whitney  Houston was one of the most awarded recording artist of all time. She was a singer, an actress, a producer, and a model. In 2009, the Guinness World Records cited her as the most-awarded female act of all time. Her awards include two Emmy Awards, six Grammy Awards, 30 Billboard Music Awards, and 22 American Music Awards, among a toal of 415 career awards in her lifetime. Houston was also one of the world's best-selling music artists, having sold over 170 million albums, singles and videos worldwide. 
Inspired by prominent soul singers in her family, including her mother Cissy Houston, aunt Dionne Warwick and Dee Dee Warwick, and her godmother Aretha Franklin, Houston began singing with her New Jersey church's junior gospel choir at age 11.  After she began performing alongside her mother in night clubs in the New York City area, she was discovered by Arista Records label head Clive Davis.
Houston released seven studio albums and three movie soundtrack albums, all of which have diamond, multi-platinum, platinum or gold certification.

Here are some of her greatest hits:

All at Once (see Video  & Lyrics)
All the Man That I Need (see Video  & Lyrics)
Count on Me (see Video  & Lyrics)
Didn't We Almost Have ItAll(see Video  & Lyrics)
The Greatest Love of All (see Video  & Lyrics
How Will I Know (see Video  & Lyrics)
I Believe in You and Me (see Video  & Lyrics)
I Have Nothing (see Video  & Lyrics)
I Know Him So Well (see Video  & Lyrics)
I Wanna Dance with Somebody (Who Loves Me) (see Video  & Lyrics)
I Will Always Love You (see Video  & Lyrics)
I'm Every Woman (see Video  & Lyrics)
I'm Your Baby Tonight (see Video  & Lyrics)
Miracle (see Video  & Lyrics)
One Moment in Time (see Video  & Lyrics)
Saving All My Love for You (see Video  & Lyrics)
When You Believe (see Video  & Lyrics)
Where Do Broken Hearts Go (see Video  & Lyrics)
Star Spangled Banner




Let your memories live on forever Whitney! Rest if you must. You will always be remembered through these beautiful music you've shared to all of us. Thank you and so long!

No comments:

Post a Comment